With your Mikrotik Device, you can do variety of things as long as networking and technology exist, this is because mikrotik has a variety of additional features that most of us do not know and rarely used to. In this tutorial, am going to show us how to Set Email and Send Email using your Mikrotik RouterOS
One of the additional features on mikrotik is Emailing techniques. Mikrotik routers, are equipped with the ability to send emails along with its attachments that can be used to send backups of Mikrotik configuration periodically, monitor and monitor network conditions up or down, etc.
Before we discuss the use of advanced email feature, it helps us learn Mikrotik from its basic first about how to Set Email and Send Email in Mikrotik RouterOS. For more easily we use Mikrotik use Winbox only.
For the email used to send we use Gmail only, so please you set up his Gmail account.
Follow My Step Below On To Properly Setup Email and Send Email on Mikrotik RouterOS
1. Open Winbox, go to Tools menu -> Email
2. Because we use Gmail email to send then the following settings: >> Server: 220.127.116.11 >> Port: 587 >> From: <> >> User: fill in your Gmail email >> Password: fill in your Gmail email password for more details please see the following picture:
3. Click Apply -> OK.
4. To try to send an email please open again menu Tools -> Email -> click Send Mail
5. Enter “Address, Port, User and Password” as before, check “TLS”
6. Enter the email address you want to email in “To”. Fill out the “CC” if necessary.
7. Fill “From, Subject, and Body” as you see fit.
8. You can also attach a file (attachment) in the “File” option.
9. If already click Send Email to send an email. for more details please see the following picture:
Hopefully this tutorial on Mikrotik Networking, How to Setup Email and Send Email on Mikrotik RouterOS will help you when doing your configurations.
With this I strongly believe that in the future we can take advantage of this Email function to monitor network conditions, backup mikrotik configuration periodically via email, etc.